Need to send something to Caleb? The sections below should be able to help out!
If you have a large file to send (more than the 20MB limit in most email providers), we have a few options with today’s “cloud” technology and sharing services.
- Dropbox may be the easiest along with
- Hightail (formerly YouSendIt),
- Google Drive,
- etc. (see this list).
If you already have an account with one of these sharing services, place your file in your service of choice and send me the link to it by email. Alternatively, you can send me an invite to share the entire folder.
If you have dollars to send my way, I have two options for you at the moment, which include a good-old-fashioned “check in the mail” or electronically via Dwolla. For those of you who do not know what Dwolla is, I am happy to explain and introduce you.
Dwolla is on online payment platform very similar to PayPal, but, in my opinion, way better when it comes to fees! Their payment network securely connects to your bank account and allows any business/non-profit or person to securely send, request and accept money for just $0.25 per transaction, or free for transactions $10 or less.
You can learn more about Dwolla below or learn how to send dollars on a One-Time or Recurring basis.
Send One-Time Payment
Instructions for One-Time Payments
If you need to make a one-time payment, you can do so as a Guest (no Dwolla account required) or as a Dwolla user. Simply enter the amount in the button below and click the arrow.
Setup Recurring Payments
More Detailed Instructions on Recurring Payments
Here is how you can use Dwolla to send dollars automatically (recurring) to Caleb directly from your bank account.
If you already have a Dwolla Account:
- Visit my Dwolla page by clicking the button above or visiting: dwolla.com/hub/calebweeks.
- Type in the amount and select how often you would like to send. You can select weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly in any amount. Click “Next Step”
- Enter your Dwolla account information.
- Click “Next Step” and confirm the transaction. This payment will be automatically sent to me at the frequency you select. Funds will come directly from your bank account.
- Your schedule and amount can be changed, or removed, at any time.
If you do not have a Dwolla Account:
- Sign up for Dwolla at: http://www.dwolla.com
- Link Dwolla to your bank account. This process usually takes 1-3 days.
- Once this is complete. Follow the steps above!
Have questions? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-462-0047.
Learn more about Dwolla
Dwolla has received recognition from some of the most notable names in the financial industry including: Forbes, BusinessWeek, and the New York Times. And for good reason:
- Cost to receive money in amounts greater than $10.00: flat rate of $0.25
- Cost to receive micro payments (amounts less than $10.00): $0.00
- Cost for auto withdrawal: $0.00
- Cost for manual withdrawal: $0.00
- Cost to open Dwolla account: $0.00
They had us at $0.25 for any transaction over $10.00. That may not mean much to the customer, but let’s take a minute to explain that means for me as a web designer:
Lets imagine that in 2013 I will have 100 online payments of $100.00 each, totally $10,000.00. With any other online payment system, the total in fees alone would be (hold your breath!) $303.00!!! No kidding! With Dwolla, the fees for the exact same transactions is $25.00. Much better!
So what’s the catch? I know it is hard to believe, but there really isn’t one. You can send money freely as a “Guest” to make One-Time Payments or setup your own Dwolla account to make Recurring Payments for ongoing services. We all had to do the exact same thing with PayPal and bank accounts when we first set them up, but trust me, this one is much more simple and very user friendly.